acpi on thinkpad T42p

doug at safeport.com doug at safeport.com
Tue Jul 18 18:40:40 UTC 2006

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006, Nate Lawson wrote:

> doug at safeport.com wrote:
> > I am trying to get suspend/coincidence working. I think what I have is a problem in
> > the Xorg ATI driver, but I am not sure and would greatly appreciate some
> > guidance.
> >
> > I am running 6.1 and Xorg 6.9.0. The S1 and S3 states worked with the only
> > change being commenting out the DRI module in xorg.conf. My video shows as:
> >
> >    none2 at pci1:0:0: class=0x030000 card=0x054f1014 chip=0x4e541002 rev=0x80 hdr=0x00
> >        vendor   = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
> >        device   = 'Radeon Mobility M10 NT (RV350-WS)'
> >        class    = display
> >        subclass = VGA
> >
> > Upon a resume from an S3 state the background is not restored, looking rather
> > like a zebra (black and white lines). I can restore the background by forcing
> > KDE to redraw it. Everything else except the built-in mouse is restored. I am
> > using the ipw wireless driver, usually the network also comes back
> >
> > Am I correct in thinking the problem is in the ATI driver?
>
> Well, it's probably X's responsibility to reinitialize the video right.
>
> You can probably force the mouse reset with:
> hint.psm.0.flags="0x2000"

Thanks Nate, this did indeed fix the mouse. Oddly enough it largely fixed the
problem with restoring the screen. At this point I have done 3 suspend/resumes
just to test this thought. I am viewing this a coindenance until I have some
time to mess this thing. Any linkage is not logical I think.

> --
> Nate

_____
Douglas Denault