kern/98171: [acpi] ACPI 1304 / 0501 errors on Acer 5024WLMi Laptop (probably on all 3020 / 5020 series)

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at spqr.komquats.com
Tue Jul 11 19:40:23 UTC 2006

The following reply was made to PR kern/98171; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>
To: bug-followup <bug-followup at freebsd.org>, William.Anderle at Alice.it
Subject: Re: kern/98171: [acpi] ACPI 1304 / 0501 errors on Acer 5024WLMi
 Laptop (probably on all 3020 / 5020 series)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:38:48 -0700

 I recently purchased one of these puppies. The bug exists and it often
 affects battery monitoring. I suspect that since the machine came with a
 special chipset driver for XP, that "reverse engineering" or contacting the
 vendor might be a good place to start. I will see what I can do to help out.

 --
 Cheers,
 Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>

 			e**(i*pi)+1=0