suspend/resume event

Manfred Lotz manfred.lotz at arcor.de
Fri Jan 20 11:04:14 PST 2006

Hi there,
With my Samsung X20 1730 suspend /resume works fine when doing
acpiconf -s 3. I added /etc/rc.d/moused restart in /etc/rc.resume and
the touchpad mouse gets awake after resuming. That's great.

However when closing the lid (I set hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3) and
then pressing the power button although suspend/resume works
fine the mouse won't get restarted. This means /etc/rc.resume and
presumably /etc/rc.suspend won't get called in this case.

Same happen when pressing Fn-ESC the key for suspend.

How can I make sure /etc/rc.suspend as well as /etc/rc.resuem gets
called in the "non-acpiconf" cases?

--
Manfred