No APM yet for AMD?

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 11 06:20:29 PST 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 11:54 pm, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> John Baldwin writes:
> > Eh?  You do realize that right now all I have is '-1'
>
> I am totally lost...
> What is wrong with Ariff's patch?
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/acpi/acpiconf.c.diff
>
> State:                  charging
> Present rate:           unknown
> Remaining capacity:     62%
> Voltage:                unknown
> AC line:                on-line
>
> > charging rate and the remaining time to full charge, etc.) but it would
> > give a somewhat decent estimate that would basically be based on what
> > your usage was in the last sample time.
>
> OK. I understand better now.
> Would this be more accurate than Ariff's patch?

My idea is orthogonal.  My system does report a remaining capacity, just not
the discharge rate.  Some poorly written programs (like kde's laptop daemon)
only work if they get a time, and a time is more easily parsed by humans.

--
John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve"  =  http://www.FreeBSD.org