ACPI on Compaq DL360

Niek Dekker niekdekker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 01:45:53 PST 2006

The thread on Compaq 360DL ACPI problems is interesting to me. I
installed FreeBSD release 6.0 on my Compaq DL360 last week and I
encountered the same problem, the system locking up during boot if
ACPI is enabled. The server still has the original P21 BIOS (of 2001).

It may be interesting to know that I encountered the same problem with
some (but not all) Linux kernels and even a Windows installation
locked up (I tried to install a number of OSes on it, just out of
curiosity). For example, I had to install Debian Linux with ACPI
disabled. I also installed the latest release of OpenBSD,  and I don't
remember a problem with ACPI there.

Regards,
Niek