i386/89545: Compaq DL 360 ACPI boot problem

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 3 14:05:45 PST 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 04:50 pm, Anders Nordby wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR i386/89545; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Anders Nordby <anders at FreeBSD.org>
> To: John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org>
> Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org, uralmetal at gmail.com
> Subject: Re: i386/89545: Compaq DL 360 ACPI boot problem
> Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:42:01 +0100
>
>  Hi,
>
>  On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 03:19:37PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
>  > Your BIOS is busted.  It's trying to route an interrupt via the FAKE
>  > link device that doesn't have any interrupts available.  Can you post
>  > your ASL somewhere?
>
>  I just updated to the latest BIOS from HP/Compaq. The latest one is from
>  2002 however, this is a bit old (but still very useful) server.
>
>  I just booted it with ACPI disabled, and ASL/DSDT using this command:
>
>  # acpidump -t -d -o anderstest.dsdt > anderstest.asl
>
>  You can download them from
>  http://anders.fupp.net/test/anderstest.dsdt and
>  http://anders.fupp.net/test/anderstest.asl.

It does reference 'FAKE' in one of the _PRT entries sadly.  You can try
removing it and compiling a custom dsdt to work around it.  You could also
beat up Compaq for the crap BIOS.  Do these machines have APICs on them?
They'd probably be a lot happier with APIC enabled if so.

                Package (0x04)
                {
                    0x0004FFFF,
                    0x00,