known issue with acpiconf?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Dec 20 10:03:42 PST 2006

% acpiconf -i 0
Design capacity:        6600 mAh
Last full capacity:     6600 mAh
Technology:             secondary (rechargeable)
Design voltage:         10800 mV
Capacity (warn):        330 mAh
Capacity (low):         198 mAh
Low/warn granularity:   264 mAh
Warn/full granularity:  3780 mAh
Model number:           Primary
Serial number:
Type:                   Lion
OEM info:               Hewlett-Packard
acpiconf: get battery user info (0) failed: Device not configured

I thought this was a kernel userland issue, but I updated both at the
same time and the problem persists.  Is there some new device I need
to add to my kernel?

acpi0: <PTLTD   RSDT> on motherboard
acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
acpi0: Sleep Button (fixed)
acpi_timer0: <32-bit timer at 3.579545MHz> port 0x8008:0x4 on acpi0
acpi_ec0: <Embedded Controller: GPE 0x1a> port 0x62,0x66 on acpi0
cpu0: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
acpi_throttle0: <ACPI CPU Throttling> on cpu0
acpi_lid0: <Control Method Lid Switch> on acpi0
acpi_button0: <Power Button> on acpi0
pcib0: <ACPI Host-PCI bridge> port 0xcf8:0x8 on acpi0
acpi_tz0: <Thermal Zone> on acpi0
battery0: <ACPI Control Method Battery> on acpi0
acpi_acad0: <AC Adapter> on acpi0

So I'm confused...

Warner