Interrupt routing issue on Compaq nx6325

Kevin Foo kevin.foo at zaidibrahim.com
Wed Dec 13 19:57:28 PST 2006

That works great on Compaq presario v3000 and v3100 series. And HDA patch is awesome. Nice work!

Did you get suspend working on v3000? I got "acpi0: device_suspend failed" whenever issuing "zzz".

Current sysctl output for acpi:-
hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S3 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S3
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: S3
hw.acpi.standby_state: S0
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3

I'm using your patch at http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/misc/r6_EVERYTHING.diff

--
Regards,
Kevin Foo

Key fingerprint : 4B23 FC1C E50B 9693 CCDD  2A7D A048 E909 8924 9BDD
Public key : http://keyserver.linux.it/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x89249BDD

On Thursday 14 December 2006 08:43, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:15:50 +0100
> Joerg Wunsch <j at uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:
> > I've got something that turns out to be an interrupt routing issue
> > on a brand-new HP/Compaq nx6325 notebook.  Everything works when I
> > disable the APIC (but then I've only got one out of the two CPU
> > cores), and everything works with a different notebook that has a
> > previous BIOS release.  Linux works, but appears to install a
> > workaround for some interrupt routing bug.
> >
> > Is it OK to post the details here on this list, or would
> > freebsd-hardware seem more appropriate for a clarification?
> >

> See PR: i386/104678
>
> My current workaround is (for RELENG_6)
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/misc/idlecpu_apic_4.diff
>
> (hw.apic.idle_cpu=1 or 2)
>
> --
> Ariff Abdullah
> FreeBSD
>
> ... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
>     and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........
*****************************Internet Email Confidentiality Footer *****************************

Legal Privilege & Confidentiality

This email contains privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person) or if you have inadvertently received this email, you should destroy or delete this message and notify the sender by reply email accordingly. If you or your employer do not consent to using Internet email for messages of this kind please advise immediately by sending an email to the sender of this message .  All opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Zaid Ibrahim & Co shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Zaid Ibrahim & Co. Our company accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing.

Caveat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email, and you should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Zaid Ibrahim & Co accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Our employees are expressly required not to make defamatory statements nor infringe or authorise any infringement of copyright or any other legal right via any communications. Any such communication is contrary to our company policy and outside the scope of the employment of said individual. We will not be liable for such communication.