Interrupt routing issue on Compaq nx6325

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Wed Dec 13 14:16:05 PST 2006

I've got something that turns out to be an interrupt routing issue on
a brand-new HP/Compaq nx6325 notebook.  Everything works when I
disable the APIC (but then I've only got one out of the two CPU
cores), and everything works with a different notebook that has a
previous BIOS release.  Linux works, but appears to install a
workaround for some interrupt routing bug.

Is it OK to post the details here on this list, or would
freebsd-hardware seem more appropriate for a clarification?