ACPI power source detection

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at sw.ru
Thu Aug 10 09:16:21 UTC 2006

В ср, 09/08/2006 в 23:29 +0400, Maxim Konovalov пишет:

> > Something broken with ACPI power profiles on recent (yesterday)
> > 7-CURRENT
> >
> > Below configuration, that always works fine for me, now lead to instant
> > screen brightness blinking while activity.

> IIRC you have the same notebook I do (sony pcg505bx).

not same, pcg-Z1WA

> The config above works fine for me on week old -current.  Will try fresh -current
> in a couple of days.

Problem was solved for me, it is hardware problem, looks like 16V wire
from power supply has something like bad (not broken!) contact - lid on
power connector lights, everything seems work ok, but ACPI reports AC
multiple AC connections/disconnections (many times per second). If I
place wire in another configuration - everything works ok.

Sorry for false alert.

I'll repair power supply cord.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov