Fwd: Audio problem after resume fixed!

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sun Oct 23 15:52:03 PDT 2005

> Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:32:21 +0900
> From: Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg at gmail.com>
>
> A possible solution to the resuming video thing would be the
> suspend.vty_switch_enable or similar flag (I don't have access to my
> freebsd install for the moment, but `sysctl -d | grep switch` should
> give you the name.  Also, for power consumption, you'll probably want
> to see if usb is getting shut down (try suspending with a usb device
> with a light or fan or something plugged in) and you might want to see
> if radeontool helps.  http://www.init-main.com/radeontoolport.tar.gz
> (if you have a radeon of course ...)
>
> If you go exploring and find any secrets to thinkpad suspend power
> consumption, please share them on the -mobile or -acpi lists.

By using radeontool, I have been able to fix tha problem. Backlight goes
off and on fine. I also want to tie radeontool to Fn+F4, but have not
done so at this time.

I have set hw.pci.do_power_nodriver to 3, its most aggressive setting,
and have not seen any problems of this point. Since I just changed this
yesterday, I can't say it's well tested, though.

At this point, all appears to be pretty well. I do need to test whether
the USB is off and I THINK that there is a way to get a log of power
state information when suspended, but I an not sure what it is. Senior
moment, I guess.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)