Toshiba M35X-S311 ACPI suspend/resume problem

Tórgan Flores de Siqueira torgan at inf.ufrgs.br
Thu Oct 13 13:16:32 PDT 2005

Hello,

Recently I bought a Toshiba M35X-S311, and so far
it's working fine (including powerd and cpufreq).

However, suspend/resume isn't working. Using acpiconf -s 3
suspends the system, but it never resumes.

Also, issuing the command:
# sysctl hw.acpi
causes the screen to flicker, in X mode.

The versions I tested: 5.4-STABLE, 6-BETA{1,2,3,4} and
6-RC1.

I followed the handbook, and played a bit with the asl,
trying to correct some issues, but with no success.

At the following links, one can find the ASL and dmesg.

The ASL file:
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~torgan/toshiba-m35x-s311.asl

The dmesg (without loading a DSDT):
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~torgan/toshiba-m35x-s311.dmesg

And dmesg (loading a DSDT):
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~torgan/toshiba-m35x-s311.dmesg.dsdt

The kernel config is:
include		GENERIC
ident		PINGO
options		SCSI_DELAY=5000
device		atapicam
nodevice	sio
options		IPFIREWALL
options		IPDIVERT

This model uses a Phoenix BIOS, which I've learned
is a bad thing... With Windows it works well.

I'm not familiar with ACPI issues, but I can help testing
patches and/or providing more information.

Has anyone run in this problem? Any ideas?

[]s

Tórgan