Sony VAIO - suspend/resume works, but SLOW

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Tue Oct 4 20:21:25 PDT 2005

Nate Lawson wrote:
> Eric Anderson wrote:
>
>> Fabian Keil wrote:
>>

>>> If I didn't overlook it, your kernel lacks "device pmtimer".
>>> Without it, I get the symptoms you described.
>>

>> Right you are.  I've just added it - rebuilding kernel now.
>>
>> How are others keeping their custom kernel config up-to-date?  This
>> seems like a real issue to me, unless there's a tool to do this
>> already and I'm just not using it.  I cp GENERIC, make my changes, and
>> move on. As my machine tracks -CURRENT, the GENERIC kernel changes,
>> but my custom config stays the same (I never 'merge' any changes in).
>>
>> Thanks Fabian for the hint..
>

> My kernel config begins with:
>
> include GENERIC
> nodevice aac
> etc.
>
> Check out the PAE kernel config to see the syntax.

When I do this, I end up with a GENERIC kernel.  Here's my config:

include GENERIC

ident           NEUTRINO

nooptions       SCHED_4BSD              # 4BSD scheduler
options         SCHED_ULE               # ULE scheduler
options         SC_PIXEL_MODE

#nooptions      SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel

device          acpi
device          ath
device          ath_hal
device          ath_rate_sample
device          atapicam

Are there some docs on this somewhere so I don't bother anyone else
about this?

Thanks for the hints..

Eric