no console with ACPI

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 3 14:49:32 PDT 2005

On Monday 03 October 2005 04:35 pm, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
>   John,
>
> regarding no console with ACPI. We have tried your patch from this
> mail:
>

> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2005-September/001941.html
>
> It is strange, but with this patch there is no console with ACPI
> _and without ACPI_, too, unlike before.

Grr, now you don't have an isa0 device at all in either case.  However, the
device must exist because the legacy0 device didn't add one in the non-ISA
case.  The device must not have been attached somehow.  Oh, I know what the
problem is.  The isa(4) driver only attaches as a child of isab.  I've
updated the patch to have the viapm(4) driver also include an isa(4) driver
that attaches as a child of either viapm(4) or viapropm(4).  I've updated the
patch at the URL http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/viapm_isab.patch