cpufreq and changing driver

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Wed Nov 30 21:57:47 GMT 2005

Marco Calviani wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> 2005/11/30, Bruno Ducrot <ducrot at poupinou.org>:
>

>>Did you load the cpufreq driver at boot time which include the est
>>driver as said before?  It will replace the acpi_perf if appropriate.
>>
>>--
>>Bruno Ducrot
>

> Yes cpufreq is loaded at boot time in /boot/loader.conf .However i
> don't know how to tell him that i want to load est instead of
> acpi_perf.

est is preferred if supported.  But probably est doesn't have a table
for his processor so acpi_perf is used.  There's nothing wrong with
using acpi_perf -- it just gives a BIOS interface to est anyway.

You can test this with:
hint.acpi_perf.0.disabled="1"

This will cause acpi_perf to let est attach.  But I suspect est won't.

--
Nate