cvs commit: src/sys/dev/acpica acpi_perf.c

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Mar 27 23:18:34 PST 2005

In message: <4247A90C.5050000 at root.org>
            Nate Lawson <nate at root.org>
: Then, recompile your asl as described in the handbook and load it at
: boot.  I'll try to figure out a way to work around this but it looks
: difficult to detect since 16 bits is a valid register width.  I seem to
: remember imp@ had a means for detecting that a resource alloc failed due
: to an overlapping register and then split the previous resource (since
: this driver owns both).  I'll ask.

Allocation fails.  You can't find out why: it failed because someone
else owned things.

I'll take a closer look at this case, but I know that I was seeing the
problem too.

I just fixed handling of allocation requests that ended up being
returned incorrectly.

Warner