Suspend power drain problems

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 18 08:46:12 PST 2005

	I've posted about this before, but now all the power management acpi
code seems to be imported and I've got a bit of time to test things
so I'll ask again.  My Fujitsu P2110 is able to suspend and resume
correctly and has been able to do it for quite some time now :).
The problem is that the battery drains abnormally fast verses when I
have it suspended in Windows 2000.  I'm using the acpi_video DPMS
patch that helps significantly, but after a day the battery is still
fully drained, where as with Windows it only dropped a few percent.
	I've got hw.pci.do_powerstate=1 set so I'm assuming the default power
management for pci devices is working, but this doesn't seem to help
my system.  To that end what can I do to debug this problem and tell
what devices aren't being shutoff and are draining the power?

Thanks,

--
Anish Mistry