Acer laptops - smart battery support

H. S. security at revolutionsp.com
Thu Mar 17 16:13:34 PST 2005

Hi,

Looking at http://www.freebsd.org/projects/acpi/ , I understand the
support for smart batteries isn't yet implemented on FreeBSD.. is there
any plan to implement this? I can test patches etc, as I'm sure many other
people can too, and this support would be a big plus for us who use our
favourite OS on such a laptop.

Currently I am unable to check my battery status, and for several times
I've let it die because I forgot I was running out of batts.

I know a lot of developing power is now centered on 5.4-RELEASE, and when
compared to all the code and features that have been improving every day,
smart batteries on a laptop seem so unimportant. I can't code myself, or
I'd be helping on this and any other issues with FreeBSD. I can, however,
apply and test code to get this smart battery support up and running for
everyone.

If there is a kind developer out there with some free time and willing to
implement this.. please let us know

Best Regards.