Dell D610 S3 acts like S5

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Tue Mar 8 06:29:28 PST 2005

I've recently switched from a D600 to a D610 (Dell Latitude laptop), which is a brand new model.

Previously, S1 worked perfectly, and S3 would reboot the laptop.  Now that I am on the new laptop, I don't seem to have an S1 (seemed strange, but what do I know), but I do have S3, S4, and S5.

I'm now seeing different behavior when trying to go into S3 - the machine blanks the screen, runs the hard drive, and then powers off completely, as if I told it to go into S5 instead, but doesn't gracefully shut down the system.  I'm running 6.0-CURRENT as of about a week ago.

I have some general (asl, dsdt, dmesg, sysctl) info here:

http://www.googlebit.com/freebsd/

I'd like to help debug this ACPI stuff anyway I can.

Thanks for the great work so far!
Eric