Minor sleep (S#) regression on IBM T30

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Jun 6 02:48:11 GMT 2005

I just noticed that sleep (S3) and resume have broken just a bit on
current. I don't know if the recent graphics console patches or the
updates to acpi_ibm or something else is responsible. Since I don't
often use suspend, it may have happened as long as two months ago.

The problem is that the back-light no longer turns on when the system
is resumes. I can get it to turn of trivially by switching to a
different vty, so it's not a big thing, but it is a slight regression.

Any ideas of what I could check?

I am running the acpi_ibm patches and using a high resolution VESA
graphics console mode (1400x1050x16) on the syscons screens as well as
jhb's acpi_video_dpms patch.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)