wakeonlan problem with FreeBSD

Gerhard Schmidt estartu at augusta.de
Mon Feb 28 12:26:55 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with FreeBSD and wake on lan. I have an asrock K8S8X
mainboard and try to use the wakeonlan feature to start the computer.
I have set up the bios to enable WOL. Everything is working when I
shutdown the computer from WinXP. When I turn the computer of from
FreeBSD using halt -p oder apciconf -s5 WOL doesn't work. Any suggestions
how I can enable WOL when freebsd does the poweroff.

Bye
	Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | Privat: estartu at augusta.de         |   auf Anfrage/
Germany            |                                    |    on Request