patch: p4tcc and speedstep cpufreq drivers

Rong-En Fan rafan at infor.org
Thu Feb 17 03:39:46 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 04:38:03AM +0100, Pawel Worach wrote:
> Nate Lawson wrote:
> >Attached is a patch that I'd like to get tested.  After applying it,
> >rebuild and load the cpufreq.ko module.  Be sure you do _not_ have
> >"options CPU_ENABLE_TCC" in your kernel config or the new driver will
> >conflict with the old.
>
> Hi Nate,
>
> This is what I get on a TP T41, do the cpufreq results below look right?
> Also if I loaded both modules all I got for dev.cpu.0.freq was -1 or 1700
> and no levels.

Strange, I get no freq info in dev.cpu on a TP X31.

load cpufreq only:

est0: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0
p4tcc0: <CPU Frequency Thermal Control> on cpu0

dev.cpu.0.%desc: ACPI CPU (3 Cx states)
dev.cpu.0.%driver: cpu
dev.cpu.0.%location: handle=\_PR_.CPU_
dev.cpu.0.%pnpinfo: _HID=none _UID=0
dev.cpu.0.%parent: acpi0

dev.est.0.%desc: Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control
dev.est.0.%driver: est
dev.est.0.%parent: cpu0

load cpufreq and acpi_freq

acpi_perf0: <ACPI CPU Frequency Control> on cpu0
acpi_throttle0: <ACPI CPU Throttling> on cpu0
acpi_throttle0: P_CNT from P_BLK 0x1010

and

dev.cpu.0.freq: -1

Regards,