Suspend to disk on a Toshiba Portege R100

ZC Wong zcwong at acm.org
Mon Feb 14 09:47:31 PST 2005

I've no idea if it's a 'real' Toshiba, this laptops is released a couple of
years ago ish. It doesn't say anything indicating it has got a phoenix BIOS
though. The configuration interface of the BIOS doesn't look like a phoenix
one (I haven't seen a phoenix laptop BIOS before, but if it's similar to
those PC ones). Can I just assume it's a real Toshiba? (I can try all the
possibilities, just want to save a bit of time...I'm a bummer)

Also, it doesn't use a hibernation partition but a hibernation file under
windows, does that mean there are other possibilities or is the hibernation
file part of S4OS which has nothing to do with S4BIOS?