ACPI-Problems on IBM Thinkpad 600

Hideyuki KURASHINA rushani at bl.mmtr.or.jp
Mon Feb 7 08:03:03 PST 2005

Hi,

>>> On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:34:56 +0100, Juergen.Dankoweit at t-online.de (Juergen Dankoweit) said:

> Hello to the mailling list.
>
> On my IBM Thinkpad 600 I have problems with ACPI and FreeBSD 5.3 STABLE.
> Short list of effects:
> (*) acpiconf -s3 suspends the notebook for ever.
> Only the power switch wakes up the notebook: the display flashes and
> then the notebook hangs. Only pressing the power switch for about one
> minute will turn off the Thinkpad.

I can't remind where original discussion held (on mobile@ ?), building
kernel with

  options  SC_NO_SUSPEND_VTYSWITCH

or adding following line into /boot/device.hints

  hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1

may help.  See syscons(4) for details.

> (*) Closing the display for suspend-to-ram does not work. The notebook
> only beeps two times and nothings happens

Try

  # sysctl hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3

> (*) Typing <Fn>+<F4> for suspend-to-ram does not work (see the point
> before this)
> (*) APM works fine on this notebook

Other issue I noticed is IRQ uchi0 uses now changed when ACPI enabled.
If this is wrong behavior (i.e. APM do the right thing), you can
fix up IRQ routing for ACPI by specifying

  hw.acpi.pci.link.%d.%d.%d.irq="IRQ number"

in /boot/loader.conf.  See acpi(4) for details.

Hope this helps,

> I hope I have described the troubles clear enough.
> For further questions please feel free to send an email.
>
> On the following link you can download the files you need for debugging:
> http://home.t-online.de/home/Juergen.Dankoweit/tp600.html
>
> or here (between 18:00 and 21:00 GMT!!!!, because it is my own server)
>
> http://juergendankoweit.nerdcamp.net/FreeBSD/Notebook/tp600_troubles.html
>
> I wish you success for solving the problems.

-- rushani