ACPI-Problems on IBM Thinkpad 600

Juergen Dankoweit Juergen.Dankoweit at t-online.de
Mon Feb 7 05:35:19 PST 2005

Hello to the mailling list.

On my IBM Thinkpad 600 I have problems with ACPI and FreeBSD 5.3 STABLE.
Short list of effects:
(*) acpiconf -s3 suspends the notebook for ever.
Only the power switch wakes up the notebook: the display flashes and
then the notebook hangs. Only pressing the power switch for about one
minute will turn off the Thinkpad.
(*) Closing the display for suspend-to-ram does not work. The notebook
only beeps two times and nothings happens
(*) Typing <Fn>+<F4> for suspend-to-ram does not work (see the point
before this)
(*) APM works fine on this notebook

I hope I have described the troubles clear enough.
For further questions please feel free to send an email.

On the following link you can download the files you need for debugging:
http://home.t-online.de/home/Juergen.Dankoweit/tp600.html

or here (between 18:00 and 21:00 GMT!!!!, because it is my own server)

http://juergendankoweit.nerdcamp.net/FreeBSD/Notebook/tp600_troubles.html

I wish you success for solving the problems.

Many thanks for your work.

Best regards

Jürgen Dankoweit