Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pro 2010 / CPU fan always runs

Michael michael at grimus.org.uk
Wed Aug 31 19:13:03 GMT 2005

Hi,
     Sorry for not spotting the acpi using and debugging section in the
handbook before my last post. I really did spend ages looking for
information.

As I mentioned the only acpi function that appears not to work is the fan.
What happens is that the fan defaults to on. That means it never gets
set on by acpi as the temperature stays below the cut on value.

Well we had a hot day today and I rebuilt the kernel this took the
temperature to the fan cut on point and after the kernel was made and
the temperature dropped the fan cut off. It then behaved normaly.

So it appears I need to turn off the fan when acpi starts. I have had a
look in acpi_thermal.c but can't see the wood from the trees. :-(   Can
this be achieved by modifying the asl file ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
              Michael