cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/powerd powerd.c

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Aug 24 17:43:57 GMT 2005

> Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:45:13 +0900
> From: Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume at FreeBSD.org>
> Sender: owner-cvs-all at freebsd.org
>
> Hi,

> ume> It feels too lazy for my laptop.  One freq level for decreasing and
> ume> two freq level for incresing is comfortable to me.
>
> Oops, I meant two and four.
> Because, my main laptop has double CPU levels than my second laptop.
> So, it takes double iteration for transition from highest to lowest or
> from lowest to highest.

Don't know what Nate and Bruno might think, but adding an argument to
set the speed bump up would be trivial to code. If there is consensus
that this is a good idea, it becomes a question of how to design the
user interface. Absolute steps of percent of range come to mind.

I don't think anyone wants to slow down faster than on step at a time.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)