Annoyances with passive thermal code (acpi_thermal)

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 15 17:00:59 GMT 2005

Hi,

>>>>> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:42:07 -0700
>>>>> Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> said:

nate> Would you mind checking the implementation of CPUFREQ_SET in kern_cpu.c?
nate>   I'm wondering what doesn't work about it and it's the right place to
nate> solve this problem.

I turned debug.cpufreq.verbose on.  It seems that maximum frequency is
always saved even after I set lower frequency (1050) by sysctl(8).

	Aug 15 04:51:05 kasuga kernel: cpufreq: saving level, freq 1200 prio 0

Where, 1200 is a maximum frequency of my box.
I'm now tracking CPUFREQ_SET.  However, I cannot detect what is going
on.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/