power off issues introduced btw 05/28/04 and 05/29/04

Phil Schulz ph.schulz at gmx.de
Tue Apr 5 08:27:13 PDT 2005

Hi!

   My laptop does not shut down properly when I issue "halt -p",
"shutdown -p now" or hit the power button. When it is supposed to be
shut off, the fan spins up and lots of random colored dots appear all
over the display. The problem was introduced between May 28th, 2004 and
May 29th, 2004.
  njl@ mentions that he has finnished a some work on ACPI events
possibly on May 28th in a message [1] to this list, so I think it might
be related to my problem.
  I know it is kind of late to report this but I ran RELENG_5_2 at the
time and did not notice anything until upgrading to RELENG_5 after 5.3
was released.
  The laptop is a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M-7400 using the latest BIOS
version provided by Fujitsu-Siemens. It runs FreeBSD 5-Stable as of Apr
05, 2005 around 13:00 GMT. The other information as requested by the
handbook in section 11.16 is available at

http://www.home.fh-karlsruhe.de/~scph0020/downloads/freebsd/acpi/

  Can anybody help me? I'd be happy to provide more information on
request and I can also provide console access for anybody who is interested.

  Kind regards,

    Phil.

P.S.: Please cc: me on replies since I am not on the list.

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2004-May/000196.html