5.3-BETA5 "ACPI autoload failed - no such file or directory"

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Tue Sep 21 13:29:21 PDT 2004

Mike Hunter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Upon upgrading to 5.3-BETA5 I got the message:
> ACPI autoload failed - no such file or directory
>
> I did some google searching and came up with this:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-August/033757.html
>
> Which told me to change /boot/defaults/loader.conf to change
>
> module_path="/boot/modules"

> module_path="/boot/kernel;/boot/modules"
>
> Which solved the problem.  I'm just wondering what I missed in upgrading
> that made this a problem in the first place...?

Read /usr/src/UPDATING.  You need to update loader.rc

> Also, my dmesg now has this:
>
> ACPI link \\_SB_.PCI0.LNKB has invalid initial irq 11, ignoring
>
> Is that just a quirk of my custom DSDT?

It's probably a quirk in an original part of your DSDT.  _PRS doesn't
contain 11 but the device had that value initially.  It should get a new
irq routed.  Report the full dmesg if the devices that use LNKB have
timeouts or other problems.

> Last but not least (here's a silly question)...what's the proper mailing
> list to send general 5.3-BETA questions to?  current is at 6, and stable
> is at 4.10...:|

-current

--
Nate