trouble overriding DSDT

Sascha Klauder sklauder at trimind.de
Sun Sep 19 15:20:05 PDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 02:07:58PM -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> SSDTs as well.  When you override the DSDT, you are loading a combined
> DSDT+SSDT table but the original SSDT is still in memory.  Thus you get
> the duplicated namespace values.  An easy way to test this is to comment
> out everything in your ASL from the Scope(...CPU0) to the end,

Yes, that did the trick!

> recompile, load it, then if it boots ok, do another acpidump and diff
> the two.  If I'm right, you'll find commenting out some part gets you
> the same ASL after booting with the custom one.

Right, the ASLs are effectively the same, with the exception
that the very changes I did in the first place now seem to be
"backed out".  Is this the supposed behaviour when the DSDT
is overridden (i.e. acpidump(8) always dumps the DSDT pro-
vided by the BIOS (or something to that effect))?

Cheers,
-sascha