Upgrade gives new messages

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Sep 6 12:40:12 PDT 2004

In message: <413CB40B.6010003 at root.org>
            Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > In message: <413C9C0A.3050307 at root.org>
: >             Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> writes:
: > : M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > : >     ACPI-0438: *** Error: Looking up [Z00Q] in namespace, AE_NOT_FOUND
: > : > SearchNode 0xc2277ae0 StartNode 0xc2277ae0 ReturnNode 0
: > : >     ACPI-1303: *** Error: Method execution failed [\\_SB_.PCI0.ISA_.SIO_.COM1._STA] (Node 0xc2277ae0), AE_NOT_FOUND
: > : >
: > : > This is for a ASUS Thunder MP system, with the latest BIOS.  Any idea
: > : > on how to get to the bottom of this?  This is causing SIO_.LPT_._STA
: > : > and SIO_.COM1._STA methods to fail dozens and dozens of times.
: > : > Everything else seems to work great with -curret.  I do plan on
: > : > downgrading to 5.3-BETAn in a few days (since this is my main mail
: > : > server).
: > :
: > : I don't understand what was upgraded.  Your BIOS?  Or are you saying an
: > : update to -current from RELENG_5 triggered this?
: >
: > I upgraded the machine from 4.10-RC to 6.0-current as of Saturday.
: > The BIOS has not changed since I got the machine a couple of months
: > ago.
: >
: > : Please send output of acpidump -t -d > warner_AsusThunder.asl
:
: This is easy.  The Z00Q method doesn't exist.  Perhaps these devices are
: on a docking station?  If not, this ASL is just bad.  How does it work
: with acpi disabled?

The ASL is just bad.  This is a MP mobo, not a laptop.  It works fine
with ACPI enabled, but I get the above messages.  So I'm not sure what
Z00Q should do, but the results of it are used in the rest of the _STA
routines.

I'm not sure what the right thing to do is, but for the moment I'm
going to ignore the messages...

Warner