PATCH: power down acpi and pci devices in suspend/resume

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Nov 24 15:23:42 PST 2004

> Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:49:18 -0800
> From: Nate Lawson <nate at root.org>

> --------------010606030407040208010108
>
> Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > I have tried the new set of ACPI power patches and they are better. Now
> > the system almost works after resume. Only the cbb fails:
> > cbb0: bad Vcc request. ctrl=0xffffff88, status=0xffffffff
> > cbb_power: 0V
> > tdkphy0: detached
>
> Apologies, I just found what was causing this.  My patch to perform
> suspending before powering down devices didn't get merged with this tree
> where I was implementing powerstates.  I fixed this and unified pci/acpi
> power on suspend behavior under the tunable/sysctl "debug.suspend_power".
>
> Please test the attached patch.  If it works well, I'll commit it as
> shown to get testing in -current.  If it causes trouble, the default for
> debug.suspend_power can be set to 0.

The new patch removed the annoying "bad Vcc request" messages, but
that's all it improved.  With the new patch I still lose cbb1 and
anything connected to it. I see no real difference in the log other than
the disappearance of the Vcc messages, but that is a good thing.

If I set debug.suspend_power to '0', everything works as it did
before. All PCI and CardBus devices seem to work fine after resume.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)