PATCH: power down acpi and pci devices in suspend/resume

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Nov 24 09:33:05 PST 2004

Nate,

I have tried the new set of ACPI power patches and they are better. Now
the system almost works after resume. Only the cbb fails:
cbb0: bad Vcc request. ctrl=0xffffff88, status=0xffffffff
cbb_power: 0V
tdkphy0: detached
miibus1: detached
dc0: detached
sio4: detached
cbb1: bad Vcc request. ctrl=0xffffff88, status=0xffffffff
cbb_power: 0V
cbb1: bad Vcc request. ctrl=0xffffff88, status=0xffffffff
cbb_power: 0V
wakeup from sleeping state (slept 00:00:11)
cbb1: CardBus card activation failed

Re-inserting the card simply generates another
cbb1: CardBus card activation failed

And, sound still runs at the raw rate (about 10% fast). I was REALLY
hoping that this would fix the sound. :-(

For the record, the patch did not quite install cleanly. There was an
offset of one line for the last two hunks for pci.c. My source was at
V1.264 and several changes have been made in HEAD since then. Probably
not significant.

As always, let me know if you would like me to provide more information.

System IBM T30, 1.8 GHz P4m, 512 MB RAM. RELENG_5 of 11/21.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)