New ACPI PCI Link Routing code

Ruslan Ermilov ru at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 17 07:41:50 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:39:13PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Thursday 11 November 2004 05:37 pm, John Baldwin wrote:
> > I've done some work on the ACPI PCI link code to make it a bit more like
> > $PIR in that it is link centric and uses actual new-bus devices for each
> > device link.  One benefit of this is that unused links will be disabled now
> > which might help with interrupt aliasing problems on machines using APICs.
> > Also, instead of routing IRQs for links via PCI device numbers using
> > tunables, they are now routed via the link name ala $PIR.  Thus, one uses
> > 'hw.pci.link.LNKA.irq=X' to route LNKA to IRQ X.  Also, when choosing a
> > virgin interrupt, we no longer try to guess at which IRQs might be used by
> > ISA devices.  Instead, we only use known-good IRQs including IRQs that the
> > BIOS has already used and the SCI if the link is being routed via ISA IRQs.
> > The patch is at http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/acpi_pci_link.patch
> > Please test and let me know if there are any problems, thanks.
>
> I've updated this to the latest current and verified that it compiles ok
> (since I had at least one report that it didn't patch cleanly and/or
> compile).  I plan to commit this in a couple of days unless I hear some sort
> of negative feedback.

I get a panic on boot with this change.  I don't have a serial
console attached to this notebook, but if needs be it can be
arranged (tomorrow).  The panic I get is as follows:

panic: Assertion resource->Data.Irq.NumberOfInterrupts == 1 failed at .../acpi_pci_link.c:497

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov
ru at FreeBSD.org