ACPI interrupt storms during shutdown

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri May 14 09:40:14 PDT 2004

For about two week my laptop (IBM T30) has started reporting stray
interrupts from acpi0 or an interrupt storm on IRQ9. This is really not
a problem as it happens right at the end of the shutdown after disks are
synced and seems to start as the standard background processes are
terminated. It usually is reported after vnlru and bufdaemon terminate,
but before syncer terminates. (It's very hard to tell much as the screen
blanks immediately.) It may be starting as bufdaemon is terminated.

This is not causing me any problems, but I wanted to mention it as it
certainly does not seem right.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)