IBM x20 Thinkpad

RT iam at rbt.ca
Fri May 14 05:53:38 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 14:17, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Thursday 13 May 2004 02:01 pm, RT wrote:
> > With ACPI enabled, 90% of my attempts to start X result in a freeze. If
> > X starts, it runs without any problems from that point forward so I can
> > only assume it has to do with probing for the video card.
> >
> > With hint.acpi.0.disabled="1" in /boot/device.hints, I do not have any
> > issues with freezes and X.
> >
> > IBM ThinkPad x20 2662-37u ASL file:
> >         http://www.rbt.ca/temp/rbt-IBMx20266237u.asl
>
> Try this patch to sys/dev/acpi/acpi_pci_link.c:

With that patch applied to 5.2.1 I do not get through the boot process
with ACPI enabled. It stops right after the last sio line which is
normally where vga detection is.

I'm going to upgrade to -CURRENT and see if any of the fixes there will
correct the problem.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt [at] rbt [dot] ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/signature.asc