How to use ACPI ?

Juan Rodriguez Hervella jfrherve at ing.uc3m.es
Fri Jun 11 07:20:06 GMT 2004

On Friday 11 June 2004 00:11, Nate Lawson wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, John Baldwin wrote:
> > On Thursday 10 June 2004 11:52 am, Juan Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm using FreeBSD-4.10-release
>
> 4.x is not well-supported for ACPI so suspend/resume is not likely to
> work.  Use apm or wait for 5.3-RELEASE.

I think APM doesn't work either (the same problem, it doesn't come up
again...).

One question, can I test all these things with the laptop
plugged into the dockstation ?

I've just visited this page:
http://demira.shopkeeper.de/~sascha/nx9005/

which describes a laptop very similar to mine
(my laptop is nx9010 and the only difference AFAIK
is that mine is Intel Pentium IV processor and it doesn't
have serial port...)

The thing is that in that page it's said that ACPI doesn't
resume.... I've tried to push the power buttom, and nothing
happens...if I try hard to push it, it reboots :-)

sigh, thanks anyway...