Screen stays black after resume

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Jun 6 20:58:42 GMT 2004

In message: <20040606134632.Y66744 at root.org>
            Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> writes:
: On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Oliver B. Fischer wrote:
: > Nate Lawson wrote:
: > > Um, safe mode disables ACPI so how can you suspend/resume in safe mode?
: >
: > By pressing Fn + F4. The interesting thing is that the acpi device is
: > not present, so I am not able to use acpiconf -s 3. But as I said, I am
: > able to suspend via Fn + F4. If I suspend the system from the console, I
: > can resume.
:
: That's using SMM mode then.  You need "device apm" when ACPI is disabled
: to properly suspend/resume.  Without apm or acpi, you're trusting in the
: BIOS to do everything for you, which is not supported.

and in many cases cannot possibly work :-(

Warner