Dell Inspiron 8600

Igor Partola ipartola at pisem.net
Sat Dec 11 19:08:54 PST 2004

Nate Lawson wrote:

> Yes, this is a deficiency in the current usermode interface.  If you
> look at my web page, I have a description of how to fix this if
> someone wants to do it.  It includes implementing the /dev/apm
> suspend/standby compatibility ioctls including a timeout interface.
> See the "Implement X suspend/resume notification" section below.
>
> http://www.root.org/~nate/freebsd/acpi-todo.html

That's a deficiency in the X server though isn't it? Without X running
this fix would do no good. I thought the problem was in either the
kernel ACPI implementation or in devd.

I do not claim to be in any degree an expert in this though since I am
not at all familiar with the inner workings of either. I'm just trying
to set up this laptop to work nicely with FreeBSD. :).

Respect,
Igor