Keeping PCMCIA card powered while in S3

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Dec 11 16:17:49 PST 2004

In message: <41BB83F6.4010309 at root.org>
            Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> writes:
: Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko wrote:
: > Good people,
: >
: > is there any chance to keep PCMCIA firewire card powered when machine
: > goes into S3 mode, or at least push poweroff as far as possible. The
: > reason for the question is that I am trying to debug S3 mode and do not
: > have any other usable means on this laptop.
: >
: > Any suggestions, especially RTFMs with FM pointers are welcome.
: >
:
: We currently don't power down cardbus (PCMCIA) busses but we do power
: down the card itself.  Setting hw.pci.do_powerstate=0 before suspending
: (or in /boot/loader.conf) should stop all PCI power state setting
: (including cardbus which is just another pci-like bridge).

I thought that we did power off cardbus cards:

static int
cardbus_suspend(device_t self)
{
	cardbus_detach_card(self);
	return (0);
}

which has the side effects of turning off the card entirely.

Warner