suspend/resume improved?

Aurelien Nephtali aurelien.nephtali at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 00:11:41 PST 2004

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 07:44:27 -0800, Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> wrote:

> The beep code is very heavy-handed.  It just writes directly to the
> speaker port in real mode so it really doesn't matter what devices you
> have configured.  That's why it's for debug only.  Warner, could you
> commit the patch under an appropriate kernel option (ACPI_DEBUG_BEEP or
> something)?

Just to test, I've disabled the sound (commented out 'device sound'
and 'device snd_t4dwave' from my kernel config file) and the speaker
now works!

I've remove everything from the system as you said, but the system
still doesn't wake up from suspend... the LCD stays black (with or
without reset_video=1) and
the keyboard doesn't seem to respond since a CTRL+ALT+SUPPR doesn't reboot
the system... I've done my tests under console mode, not X11.

--
Aurelien 'dak' Nephtali