ACPI mpsafe patch for testing

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Aug 12 11:31:13 PDT 2004

> Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:44:56 -0700
> From: Nate Lawson <nate at root.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-acpi at freebsd.org
>
> Attached is the latest patch for running ACPI mpsafe.  It has been
> pretty well tested and is ready for wider testing.  It's especially good
> to run it with WITNESS enabled.  To test, just use it with your system
> normally.

OK. Patch installed and running with WITNESS on my T30. (This would
probably be more interesting on an SMP system, but I don't have an SMP
running CURRENT that I can play with.)

So far, so good! WITNESS reports nothing related to ACPI. (It does
report the previously noted rip6_output sleep problem, but that's it.)

5-Stable seems to be really coming together. Thanks for all of the work,
Nate! Hope everyone else reports the same results.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)