Atheros driver doesn't actually work

Jeffrey Katcher jmkatcher at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 17:00:49 PDT 2004

I thought that recent PCI routing changes made the ath driver work, but in fact
it was a combination of other bugs that made this possible.

Specifically, there's a recent screwup that makes the default kernel module
load path "/boot/modules" instead of "/boot/kernel".  On startup, ACPI doesn't
load.  For quite a long time now, the T40 would panic when booting without
ACPI, but apparently that's fixed. Now successfully booted without ACPI, if_ath
loads and works perfectly (in fact I'm posting this via WiFi).  Apologies to
Nate, for saying I tested his most recent patch, when it was quietly skipped on

When I force a valid kernel module load path from the loader, ACPI loads OK,
but ath refuses to work after loading with the same hardware errors reported.

Jeff Katcher