cvs commit: src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/kgdb kgdb.h kld.c trgt.c
jhb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 28 13:40:10 PST 2008
jhb 2008-01-28 21:40:10 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
gnu/usr.bin/gdb/kgdb kgdb.h kld.c trgt.c
Add support for automatically loading symbols for kld's on startup:
- Add a new 'kgdb_auto_load_klds()' routine which is invoked during
startup that walks the list of linker files and tries to find a matching
kld on disk for each non-kernel kld. If a kld file is found, then it
is added as if the 'add-kld' command is invoked. One change from
'add-kld' is that this method attempts to use the 'pathname' from the
linker_file structure first to try to load the file. If that fails
it then looks in the kernel directory followed by the directories in
the module path.
- Move the kld file suffix handling into a separate routine so that it
can be called standalone and to reduce duplicate code in find_kld_path().
- Cache the offsets of members of 'struct linker_file' during startup
instead of computing them for each 'add-kld'.
- Use GDB's target_read_string() instead of direct KVM access.
- Add all resident sections from a kld by using bfd_map_over_sections() to
build the section list rather than just adding symbols for ".text",
".data", ".bss", and ".rodata".
- Change the 'add-kld' command to do a y/n prompt before adding the
symbols when run interactively to match 'add-symbol-file'.
MFC after: 1 week
Revision Changes Path
1.9 +1 -0 src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/kgdb/kgdb.h
1.2 +243 -137 src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/kgdb/kld.c
1.8 +1 -0 src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/kgdb/trgt.c
More information about the cvs-src