cvs commit: src/sys/dev/mii nsphy.c
marius at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 27 21:35:47 PST 2006
marius 2006-11-28 01:01:02 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
- Don't add IFM_NONE when used in combination with pcn(4) as for MII
loopback to work PCnet chips additionally need to be placed into
external loopback mode which pcn(4) doesn't do so far.
- In nsphy_service() just use if_dname instead of determining the name
of the parent NIC via device_get_name(device_get_parent(sc->mii_dev)).
- Don't set MIIF_NOISOLATE, except for when used in combination with a
NIC that wedges when isolating the PHYs, so nsphy(4) can be used in
configurations with multiple PHYs.
- Use mii_phy_add_media() instead of mii_add_media() so the latter can
be eventually retired.
- Take advantage of mii_phy_setmedia() (requires the MIIF_FORCEANEG
added in sys/dev/mii/mii_physubr.c 1.26, sys/dev/mii/miivar.h 1.19).
- Implement a separate nsphy_reset(). There are two reasons for this:
1) This PHY can take an inordinate amount of time to reset if media
is attached; under fairly normal circumstances up to nearly one
second. This is because it appears to go through an implicit auto-
negotiation cycle as part of the reset.
2) During reset and auto-negotiation, the BMCR will clear the reset
bit before the process is complete. It will return 0 until the
process is complete and it's safe to access the PHY again.
This is the first of two changes required to make the combination of
Am79c971 and DP83840A found on certain HP cards and on-board in IBM
- Fix some whitespace nits.
Based on: NetBSD (except for the first and second item)
MFC after: 2 weeks
Revision Changes Path
1.26 +77 -49 src/sys/dev/mii/nsphy.c
More information about the cvs-src