cvs commit: src/sys/dev/gem if_gem.c
marius at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 18 06:23:21 PDT 2005
marius 2005-09-18 13:23:20 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
- In gem_ioctl() move the call to ether_ioctl() to the default case of
the switch statement in order to make this driver more like other
Ethernet NIC drivers.
- In gem_attach() call gem_stop() in addition to gem_reset() to make
sure the chip actually is stopped and not just reset.
- In gem_stop() also stop the gem_rint_timeout() callout in case the
driver is compiled with GEM_RINT_TIMEOUT defined.
Merge some locking improvements from hme(4):
- Use callout_init_mtx() to close races between gem_stop() and gem_tick()
as weel as gem_stop() and gem_rint() in case the driver is compiled
with GEM_RINT_TIMEOUT defined.
- Use the driver lock instead of Giant in a bus dma callback.
- Lock the driver lock around mii operations.
- Cleanup locking in gem_ioctl().
- Remove redundant assertions that the driver lock is not held in
gem_attach() and gem_detach() since mtx_lock() will assert that
already since the driver lock is not recursive.
- Add callout_drain()'s to gem_detach() after calling gem_stop() to make
sure that if softclock is running on another CPU and is blocked on our
driver lock, we will wait until it has acquired the lock, seen that it
was cancelled, dropped the lock, and awakened us so that we can safely
destroy the mutex.
Revision Changes Path
1.35 +29 -47 src/sys/dev/gem/if_gem.c
More information about the cvs-src