cvs commit: src/sys/geom geom_gpt.c
marcel at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 17 00:05:18 PDT 2005
marcel 2005-09-17 07:05:17 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
Complete rewrite in preparation of adding support for control
requests. The following features have been added:
1. Extensive checking and validation of both the primary and
secondary headers to protect against corrupted data and to
take advantage of the redundancy to allow the GPT to be
used in the face of recoverable corruption.
2. Dynamic data-structures to avoid hardcoding gratuitous
table limits so as to support the creation of GPT tables
of (as of yet) unspecified size.
3. Only allow kernel dumps to swap partitions to provide the
necessary anti-footshooting measures. Linux swap partitions
4. Complete dump of the GPT configuration, including labels.
5. Supports Byte Order Mark (U+FEFF) handling for big-endian,
little-endian and mixed-endian partition names.
Revision Changes Path
1.33 +727 -155 src/sys/geom/geom_gpt.c
More information about the cvs-src