cvs commit: src/sys/dev/sound/pcm channel.c channel.h sound.c
netchild at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 10 11:10:32 PDT 2005
netchild 2005-09-10 18:10:31 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
sys/dev/sound/pcm channel.c channel.h sound.c vchan.c
* New definition CHN_F_HAS_VCHAN.
* Use CHN_F_HAS_VCHAN to mark channel with vchan capability instead
of relying on SLIST_EMPTY(&channel->children) == true for better
clarification and future possible usages of children (like
* Various fixes, including blocksize / format bps allignment,
better 24bit seeking (mplayer, others).
* Improve format chain building, it's now possible to record something
to a format non-native to the soundcard through various feeder format
converters or to higher sampling rate. This also gains another feature,
like doing vchan mixing on non s16le soundcard such as sb8.
* Increase robustness within various function that handle vchan
creation / termination (these function need a total rewrite, but
that would cause other major rewrite within various places too!).
As far as its robustness can be guaranteed, leave it as is.
* Optimize channel ordering, prefer *real* hardware playback
channels over virtual channels. cat /dev/sndstat should look
* Increase sndstat verbosity to include bufsoft/bufhard allocation.
* Fix LOR 119.
* Reorder / increase robustness of vchan_create() / destroy().
Enforce destroy_dev() during destroy operation, fix possible
panic / dangling character device.
* Tolerate a little bit more during mixing process, this should help
non s16le soundcards.
Note: Recoring in a non-native rate/format may result in overruns. A friendly
application is wavrec from audio/wavplay. The problem is under
Submitted by: Ariff Abdullah <skywizard at MyBSD.org.my>
Revision Changes Path
1.101 +73 -39 src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/channel.c
1.32 +4 -1 src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/channel.h
1.95 +115 -53 src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c
1.19 +157 -137 src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/vchan.c
More information about the cvs-src