cvs commit: src/sys/dev/nve if_nve.c if_nvereg.h
jhb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 21 22:14:50 GMT 2005
jhb 2005-11-21 22:14:49 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
sys/dev/nve if_nve.c if_nvereg.h
Overhaul nve(4) locking to make it more like other ethernet drivers in
- Add locked variants of nve_start(), nve_init(), and nve_ifmedia_upd().
- Use callout_* to manage callouts rather than timeout(9).
- Mark interrupt handler MPSAFE (IFF_NEEDGIANT was already clear).
- Lock the driver lock in driver entry points such as the interrupt
handler, if_start, and if_init rather than locking the driver mutex
in the various work functions called by the binary blob. The spin lock
used by the binary block can probably be stubbed out now.
- Use IFQ_DRV_IS_EMPTY() macro rather than doing it by hand.
- Fix locking in detach.
- Remove some unused fields from the softc.
Tested by: cognet
MFC after: 2 weeks
Revision Changes Path
1.15 +110 -86 src/sys/dev/nve/if_nve.c
1.4 +3 -5 src/sys/dev/nve/if_nvereg.h
More information about the cvs-src